Organic and Fairtrade
traid-route.co.uk Trading Policy
- traid-route.co.uk supplies only organic, fairtrade products
- traid-route.co.uk exists to further increase the market share for fairtrade products within the UK. We only sell organic, fairtrade products because we believe that only organic agriculture holds the key to a truly sustainable future for food production.
- traid-route.co.uk doesn't profit from Fairtrade
- To calculate our 'online price' we take the lowest possible price per pack we can (without actually making a loss), and then add the cost of accepting your card payment and posting each pack by Royal Mail. The cost of handling your order, plus all other costs, will be covered only by our members' annual subscriptions and any donations we receive.
- traid-route.co.uk is a lean-machine
- Thanks to volunteers, home-working, and careful management, our operating costs are very, very low. Those costs which we do have are paid for only by our members' annual subscriptions and any donations we receive - not by making a 'mark-up' on the products.
- traid-route.co.uk will donate any sales surplus to 'third-world' development charities
- As explained above, when we supply a Fairtrade product to you, either as a single pack or a 'traid-pack', if we've calculated everything correctly, we shouldn't make any surplus on your order. However, if we do (for example: by combining two or more packs into a single parcel, or sending a larger parcel by ParcelForce), we'll donate the surplus, in full, to our favourite 'third-world' charities. We'll also publish a breakdown of how we're doing and whom we're supporting.
- traid-route.co.uk has no shareholders, no outside investors and is debt-free.